5 Reasons to buy property in Witney
- Supply – put simply, there aren’t enough houses being built locally. The Local Plan has identified that c.660 new homes need to be built in West Oxfordshire every year until 2031 but there have been fewer than this built over the previous years and there is no prospect of this changing in the immediate future. Did you know – West Oxfordshire is the second most sparsely populated district in South-East England!
- Demand – the number of properties for sale has dropped nearly 50% since 2007 and yet there is net migration into the area. Families are growing and people are drawn to the area for a variety of reasons. Demand for housing in the area exceeds supply inflating property prices and rents in West Oxfordshire have been rising strongly.
- Economy – with high employment, most of which comes from small businesses, West Oxfordshire is a booming and resilient place to live and work. Did you know – 87% of local businesses have 10 or fewer employees.
- Location, location, location – with a rich heritage and stunning Cotswold countryside and historical architecture this is a beautiful community. Witney benefits from strong transport links with Oxford to the East and Cheltenham to the West. Whilst the railway station is long gone (watch this space…) there is a choice of nearby lines to whisk you to London and elsewhere. Furthermore, Witney its own community hospital and Abingdon & Witney College – in the top 10% of colleges nationally.
- It’s great! – free parking (yes, free!) the thriving town centre proves that this is no dormitory town for Oxford but a thriving market town and destination in its own right. Plenty of boutique and independent shops, multi-screen cinema, cosy pubs, award winning restaurants and a vibrant social calendar make Witney a a really fantastic place to make your home.